Methodology of the rankings
All of the Counties and Bucharest Business Awards are organized by the local Chambers of Commerce and Industry according to the provision of art.4, letter m) of the Romanian Chamber of Commerce and Industry Law no. 335/2007. read more...
Grouping criteria of the companies
Grouping of companies is made after 3 criteria: activity fields, activity groups and company sizeread more...
For each subfield of activity, five efficiency rates are applied, each with its different weight.
Validating the ranking
The ranking resulted by electronically processing the data will be analyzed and validated by the Management Board of the CCI. The Board will make a qualitative assessment of the results.
The overall ranking (performance level calculation, county ranking) for the year 2015 is made by the local Chambers of Commerce and Industry by electronically processing the data provided, based on the following methodology.
Information sources used
- Information from the 2014 financial statements of the companies, according to the European Directives, made available by the Ministry of Finance;
- Information about the companies legally registered in Romania, made available by The National Trade Register Office;
- Information about companies resulted from the current activity of the local Chambers of Commerce.
The companies that have a top rank in the local county ranking will further participate in the 2015 National Business Awards which ranking is formed by collating the companies untill the first 10 position are filled, for each domain, group or size of company.
The companies who are allowed to participate to the business awards must be commercial entities, according to the law, and must simultaneously meet the following conditions, based on information from the balance sheets submitted for the year 2015 (the latest version of the data from the Ministry of Finance were uploaded in the application on 31 July 2016):
- positive operating profit;
- a minimum turnover of 100,000 lei for micro-sized companies and a minimum turnover of 250,000 lei for other type of companies;
- Economic interest groups;
- Companies for which the sum of the debt owed to the social insurance and state budget, as well as the unpaid taxes to the local budgets is greater than the claims from the social insurance and state budget;
- The companies which have at least one of the rates less than zero;
- Banking, credit, insurance-reinsurance and financial inter-mediation companies;
- The companies that at the time of making the rankings are in a state of cancellaton, bankruptcy, winding up, dissolution, temporary interruption of business, insolvency.
There are 6 fields of activities:
- Research - development and high tech
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing
- Trade and tourism
Within the fields, the classification of the companies is made into groups, according to the company NACE code declared in the balance sheets.
Within each subfield of activity, the classification is made according to the provisions of The 346/2004 Law regarding the set-up and development of the small and medium sized companies, with its subsequent amendments and additions, as follows:
- Micro-size companies - having until 9 employees and a net annual turnover or having assets until 2 million Euros (in Lei equivalent)
- Small-size companies - having between 10 and 49 employees and a net annual turnover or having assets until 10 million Euros (in Lei equivalent)
- Medium-size companies - having between 50 and 249 employees and a net annual turnover until 50 million Euros (in Lei equivalent) or having assets no more than 43 million Euros (in Lei equivalent)
- Large-size companies - between 250 and 999 employees
- Very large-size companies - over 1000 employees
- I1. Net annual turnover;
- I2. Gross operation profit;
- I3. Operating profit rate, calculated using the formula: Gross operating profit / Annual turnover;
- I4. Efficient use of human resources, calculated using the formula: (Operating profit + Staff costs + Value adjustments on tangible and intangible assets + Other taxes, fees and similar payments) / Medium number of employees;
- I5. Efficient use of engaged capital, calculated using the formula: (Current profit + Interest expense) / (Long-term debt + Equity).
|Research – Development
and High Tech
|Other fields of activity|
The trading companies which are members of the Chambers of Commerce and Industry will receive a bonus of 10% from the total score.